You and your family members may decide to have a live band singapore for a forthcoming occasion like a wedding in your family. But you may have jitters at the sheer thought of getting overwhelmed while taking up the task of researching about live band music for occasions. But this need not be the case because if you adopt the right approach, you can easily choose a good live band that provides energy as well as entertainment during the occasion. Let us now look at a few points you must bear in mind while embarking upon the task of choosing a live band.
1. You must first have a good look at the venues you shortlist for the occasion because only if you know the shape and size of the venues, you can decide if a portion of the dance floor at the venues has to be sacrificed for the band. On the other hand, if the venue you zero in on has a stage, you will have the complete dance floor at your disposal. Of course, if you choose a venue that comes with a large space, you need not worry because you can even go for a live band that has six or eight performers. If you may have to go for smaller venue due to budgetary constraints or other reasons, you may have to choose a live band that consists only of four or less pieces.
2. You can request those who manage the venue you choose if they have live bands to recommend. In fact, managers of venues will certainly be aware of the details of various live bands. The information they provide may help you choose the one that fits your budget and needs.
3. Before embarking upon the task of choosing the right venue for your occasion, you must be ready with your guest list because only if you know the number of invitees, you can decide on the size of the venue. Not only that, only by knowing the composition of your guest list, you can know their musical taste. Remember that it is wrong to have a live band that provides music only to your taste.
If your guest list consists of older as well as young folks and children, the live band you choose should be able to cater to the taste requirements of all the groups.
4. You should decide on the duration for which you require the live band to perform. If the duration you decide is short, you can ask the band to perform five or six popular songs. On the contrary, if you decide that the band should perform for 3 or 4 hours, you must check if the live band you choose can sustain and have the same level of energy till the end of the program.
Another point to remember is that the mood of the invitees is likely to change during the course of the performance of the band. Hence, the performers must be able to revive the mood of the audience by providing enlivening and entertaining music. Similarly, the band should be able to accede to the requests made by the audience and play the tunes on their wish-list. If you already know tunes on the wish-list of your invitees, you can give the details to the band. You must check if they are ready to learn and rehearse those tunes that they have not performed earlier.
5. Most importantly, you must check if the band you choose will be able to render a performance that strictly adheres to the theme of the occasion for which you engage them.
Once you complete your research on live band music for occasions and zero in on the right band that meets all the above criteria, you must inquire with them what the performers will wear during the occasion because their outfits should suit the occasion. You must also inquire how much time they may need for setting everything up and for checking the sound. If they take more time for carrying out these tasks, the audience may become restless.